|About ORT||Programs & Projects||
||News & Media||Partners||Our Contacts|
To work for the advancement of Jewish and other people through training and education. To provide communities wherever they are, with the skills and knowledge necessary to cope with the complexities and uncertainties of their environment.
ORT-KesherNet Center in Makiyivka
The ORT-KesherNet Center in Makeevka for information and communication technologies began its operations in 2001.
The main impact of the center is improving the social and economic status of socially vulnerable segments of the population by providing training for professional work with new information technologies. The center’s target audience includes unemployed women, disabled people, elderly people and young students. Members of the Jewish community access the center. KesherNet is a joint project of World ORT and Project Kesher.
Activities of the center include:
• Providing retraining opportunities to women from a variety of nationalities – for the purpose of finding employment or career advancement
• Training members of the Jewish community in ICT
• Enabling young people to correspond with peers in Israel over the Internet
• Helping prospective students to develop the necessary skills for university study
• Running a social club for single people
• Producing information and publicity materials for the Jewish community
The center is partnered with Microsoft to deliver an "Information Dissemination and Equal Access" (IDEA) and YouthSpark projects.